Oil Change Light Reset Pontiac Pursuit 2008
The Oil Change Light Reset Pontiac Pursuit 2008 will need to be performed after every oil change. If it is not reset the system will be unable to properly track when your next oil change is due.
Below is the procedure for the 2008 Pontiac Pursuit. Follow the steps below to reset the oil life monitor after each oil change.
Oil Change Light Reset Pontiac Pursuit 2008 Procedure
- Turn the ignition key to RUN with the engine OFF.
- Press the INFO and RESET buttons on the Driver Information Center (DIC) at the same time to enter the personalization menu.
- Press the INFO button to scroll through the available personalization menu modes until the DIC display shows OIL-LIFE RESET.
- Press the INFO and RESET buttons at the same time for one second and release.
- Press and hold the reset button until the DIC display shows ACKNOWLEDGED.
- Turn the ignition OFF.
- Turn the ignition key to RUN with the engine off.
- Fully press the release the accelerator pedal 3 times within 5 seconds.
- Several beeps will sound indicating the oil life system has been reset.
If the oil change light reset procedure is not working to reset your oil life monitor, make sure you are following each of the steps exactly and in the order displayed in the procedure above. If this is not the oil life monitor reset procedure for your vehicle, restart your oil light reset procedure search HERE
Oil Life Monitor Reset Procedure Frequently Asked Questions
If you are still having trouble with visit the Oil Life Monitor Reset Procedure Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page for more information.
Due to the wide range of vehicles makes and models, this is general information and should not be taken as specific to any vehicle. Please consult the vehicle manufacturer for the correct specifications and repair procedures for your vehicle. This information is meant to be used as a guideline only.