Oil Change Light Reset Oldsmobile Toronado 1990
The Oil Change Light Reset Oldsmobile Toronado 1990 will need to be performed after every oil change. If it is not reset the system will be unable to properly track when your next oil change is due.
Below is the procedure for the 1990 Oldsmobile Toronado. Follow the steps below to reset the oil life monitor after each oil change.
Oil Change Light Reset Oldsmobile Toronado 1990 Procedure
- Press ENG DATA button (1989-90) or OPTIONS button (1991-92) until oil life index is displayed.
- Press and hold in ENG DATA and GAGE buttons (1989) or RESET/ENTER button (1990-92) for at least 5 seconds.
- This will reset remaining oil life to 100 percent.
- Press INFO hard key and then OIL LIFE soft key to display oil life index.
- Press RESET soft key.
- A reset confirmation page will appear and ask if oil has been changed.
- Press YES soft key to reset bar graph, and update last oil change date and mileage information.
If the oil change light reset procedure is not working to reset your oil life monitor, make sure you are following each of the steps exactly and in the order displayed in the procedure above. If this is not the oil life monitor reset procedure for your vehicle, restart your oil light reset procedure search HERE
Oil Life Monitor Reset Procedure Frequently Asked Questions
If you are still having trouble with visit the Oil Life Monitor Reset Procedure Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page for more information.
Due to the wide range of vehicles makes and models, this is general information and should not be taken as specific to any vehicle. Please consult the vehicle manufacturer for the correct specifications and repair procedures for your vehicle. This information is meant to be used as a guideline only.