Oil Change Light Reset GMC Terrain 2018
The Oil Change Light Reset GMC Terrain 2018 will need to be performed after every oil change. If it is not reset the system will be unable to properly track when your next oil change is due.
Below is the procedure for the 2018 GMC Terrain. Follow the steps below to reset the oil life monitor after each oil change.
Oil Change Light Reset GMC Terrain 2018 Procedure
- Turn the ignition to ON/RUN with the engine off.
- Press the DIC MENU button, on the center console or right-hand steering wheel controls, to enter the Vehicle Information Menu.
- Press either the up or down arrows to view REMAINING OIL LIFE.
- Press the SET/CLR button until 100% is displayed.
- Turn the ignition to LOCK/OFF.
- The system is reset when the CHANGE ENGINE OIL SOON message goes off.
- Turn the ignition key to RUN with the engine off.
- Fully press the release the accelerator pedal 3 times within 5 seconds. Several beeps sound. This confirms the oil life system has been reset.
- If the CHANGE/OIL message comes back on when you start the engine, the engine oil life system has not been reset. Repeat the procedure.
If the oil change light reset procedure is not working to reset your oil life monitor, make sure you are following each of the steps exactly and in the order displayed in the procedure above. If this is not the oil life monitor reset procedure for your vehicle, restart your oil light reset procedure search HERE
Oil Life Monitor Reset Procedure Frequently Asked Questions
If you are still having trouble with visit the Oil Life Monitor Reset Procedure Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page for more information.
Due to the wide range of vehicles makes and models, this is general information and should not be taken as specific to any vehicle. Please consult the vehicle manufacturer for the correct specifications and repair procedures for your vehicle. This information is meant to be used as a guideline only.