Oil Change Light Reset Ford Mustang 2017
The Oil Change Light Reset Ford Mustang 2017 will need to be performed after every oil change. If it is not reset the system will be unable to properly track when your next oil change is due.
Below is the procedure for the 2017 Ford Mustang. Follow the steps below to reset the oil life monitor after each oil change.
Oil Change Light Reset Ford Mustang 2017 Procedure
- Press and release the SETUP button until the message center displays OIL LIFE XXX% HOLD RESET = NEW OIL.
- Press and hold the RESET button for 2 seconds and release when the message center displays OIL LIFE SET TO XXX%.
- Press and release the SETUP button to exit the procedure.
- Once “OIL LIFE SET TO XXX%” is displayed, release and press the RESET button to change the Oil Life Start Value.
- Each release and press will reduce the value by 10%.
- Press the left/right, up/down arrow buttons to move through the message center choices.
- Select SETTINGS.
- Select OIL LIFE RESET.
If the oil change light reset procedure is not working to reset your oil life monitor, make sure you are following each of the steps exactly and in the order displayed in the procedure above. If this is not the oil life monitor reset procedure for your vehicle, restart your oil light reset procedure search HERE
Oil Life Monitor Reset Procedure Frequently Asked Questions
If you are still having trouble with visit the Oil Life Monitor Reset Procedure Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page for more information.
Due to the wide range of vehicles makes and models, this is general information and should not be taken as specific to any vehicle. Please consult the vehicle manufacturer for the correct specifications and repair procedures for your vehicle. This information is meant to be used as a guideline only.