Oil Change Light Reset Ford Escape 2016
The Oil Change Light Reset Ford Escape 2016 will need to be performed after every oil change. If it is not reset the system will be unable to properly track when your next oil change is due.
Below is the procedure for the 2016 Ford Escape. Follow the steps below to reset the oil life monitor after each oil change.
Oil Change Light Reset Ford Escape 2016 Procedure
- Turn the ignition switch to the RUN position (do not start the engine). For vehicles with push-button start, press and hold the start button for two seconds without pressing the brake pedal. Do not attempt to start the engine.
- Press the brake and accelerator pedals at the same time.
- Keep the pedals fully depressed.
- After three seconds, the “Service: Oil reset in prog.” message will be displayed.
- After 25 seconds, the “Service: Oil reset complete” message will be displayed.
- Release both the accelerator and brake pedals.
- The “Service: Oil reset complete” message will no longer be displayed.
- Rotate the key to the OFF position.
- Start the vehicle. Make sure that the oil life telltale is not illuminated in the IPC, and the oil change reminder message is no longer displayed in the message center.
If the oil change light reset procedure is not working to reset your oil life monitor, make sure you are following each of the steps exactly and in the order displayed in the procedure above. If this is not the oil life monitor reset procedure for your vehicle, restart your oil light reset procedure search HERE
Oil Life Monitor Reset Procedure Frequently Asked Questions
If you are still having trouble with visit the Oil Life Monitor Reset Procedure Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page for more information.
Due to the wide range of vehicles makes and models, this is general information and should not be taken as specific to any vehicle. Please consult the vehicle manufacturer for the correct specifications and repair procedures for your vehicle. This information is meant to be used as a guideline only.