Oil Change Light Reset Buick Lucerne 2006
The Oil Change Light Reset Buick Lucerne 2006 will need to be performed after every oil change. If it is not reset the system will be unable to properly track when your next oil change is due.
Below is the procedure for the 2006 Buick Lucerne. Follow the steps below to reset the oil life monitor after each oil change.
Oil Change Light Reset Buick Lucerne 2006 Procedure
- Turn ignition switch to RUN position, with engine off.
- Press the TRIP or SELECT or SET/RESET button, located on the DIC, until the OIL LIFE display appears.
- Message will display percentage of oil life remaining.
- Press and hold SET/RESET button or check-symbol button on DIC for at least 5 seconds.
- The message will change to indicate that the Oil Life has been reset.
- On some models, 3 chimes will also sound.
- Turn ignition off.
- If the oil life system does not reset.
- Turn the ignition OFF after displaying oil life message, then press and hold reset button.
- Turn the ignition key to RUN with the engine off.
- Fully press the release the accelerator pedal 3 times within 5 seconds.
- Several beeps will sound indicating the oil life system has been reset.
If the oil change light reset procedure is not working to reset your oil life monitor, make sure you are following each of the steps exactly and in the order displayed in the procedure above. If this is not the oil life monitor reset procedure for your vehicle, restart your oil light reset procedure search HERE
Oil Life Monitor Reset Procedure Frequently Asked Questions
If you are still having trouble with visit the Oil Life Monitor Reset Procedure Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page for more information.
Due to the wide range of vehicles makes and models, this is general information and should not be taken as specific to any vehicle. Please consult the vehicle manufacturer for the correct specifications and repair procedures for your vehicle. This information is meant to be used as a guideline only.