Oil Change Light Reset Buick Enclave 2016
The Oil Change Light Reset Buick Enclave 2016 will need to be performed after every oil change. If it is not reset the system will be unable to properly track when your next oil change is due.
Below is the procedure for the 2016 Buick Enclave. Follow the steps below to reset the oil life monitor after each oil change.
Oil Change Light Reset Buick Enclave 2016 Procedure
- With the vehicle in PARK turn the ignition to ON/RUN, with the engine off.
- Press the trip odometer reset stem until OIL LIFE REMAINING displays.
- Press and hold the trip odometer reset stem until OIL LIFE REMAINING shows “100%.”
- Three chimes sound and the CHANGE ENGINE OIL SOON message goes off.
- Turn the key to LOCK/OFF.
- If the CHANGE ENGINE OIL SOON message comes back on when the vehicle is started, the engine oil life system has not been reset. Repeat the procedure.
- Turn the ignition to ON/RUN position, with the engine off.
- Press the VEHICLE INFORMATION BUTTON (i) until OIL LIFE REMAINING displays.
- Press and hold the SET/RESET button (check-mark symbol) until “100%” is displayed.
- Three chimes sound (on some models) and the CHANGE ENGINE OIL SOON message goes off.
- Turn ignition to LOCK/OFF position.
- If the CHANGE ENGINE OIL SOON message comes back on when engine is started, repeat reset procedure.
If the oil change light reset procedure is not working to reset your oil life monitor, make sure you are following each of the steps exactly and in the order displayed in the procedure above. If this is not the oil life monitor reset procedure for your vehicle, restart your oil light reset procedure search HERE
Oil Life Monitor Reset Procedure Frequently Asked Questions
If you are still having trouble with visit the Oil Life Monitor Reset Procedure Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page for more information.
Due to the wide range of vehicles makes and models, this is general information and should not be taken as specific to any vehicle. Please consult the vehicle manufacturer for the correct specifications and repair procedures for your vehicle. This information is meant to be used as a guideline only.