Oil Change Light Reset BMW X3 2007 2008 2009 2010
The Oil Change Light Reset BMW X3 2007 2008 2009 2010 will need to be performed after every oil change. If it is not reset the system will be unable to properly track when your next oil change is due.
Below is the Oil Change Light Reset procedure for the BMW X3 2007 2008 2009 2010. Follow the steps below to reset the oil life monitor after each oil change.
Oil Change Light Reset BMW X3 2007 2008 2009 2010 Procedure
- Turn the ignition one turn of the key or one press of the START/STOP button.
- Press and hold the SET/RESET button on the instrument cluster for 10 seconds.
- The upper display will be illuminated with a service item.
- The lower display will indicate the remaining time or mileage left for the service item.
- Pressing the button repeatedly will allow the display to scroll through all of the condition based service items.
- Press and hold the SET/RESET button again and the lower display will indicate “OK” or “DUE”.
- Pressing the SET/RESET button again will allow the “RESET” to appear in the lower display for that service.
- Releasing and reapplying the button one more time will reset the service displayed in the upper window only.
- Turn the ignition off.
Oil Viscosity and Capacity
The 3 liter engine holds approximately 6.9 quarts (6.5 liters) of 5W-40 oil when the engine oil and filter are changed.
If the oil change light reset procedure is not working to reset your oil life monitor, make sure you are following each of the steps exactly and in the order displayed in the Oil Change Light Reset BMW X3 2007 2008 2009 2010 procedure above. If this is not the oil life monitor reset procedure for your vehicle, restart your oil light reset procedure search HERE
Oil Life Monitor Reset Procedure Frequently Asked Questions
If you are still having trouble with visit the Oil Life Monitor Reset Procedure Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page for more information.
Due to the wide range of vehicles makes and models, this is general information and should not be taken as specific to any vehicle. Please consult the vehicle manufacturer for the correct specifications and repair procedures for your vehicle. This information is meant to be used as a guideline only.